Thursday, September 07, 2006

Raimie; Tungku Beach; 06/09/06



Before this trekking, I did not know that there were lots of morning glory plants lying on the ground. It was fascinating. I also did not know that there were quite a few of acacia trees in this beach. Hadizah told me that these trees are undergoing extinction, which is really sad. During this trek, I felt so relaxed seeing all those plants everywhere, so beautiful and feeling the cool breeze and listening to the waves and birds. However, I also felt sad seeing rubbish everywhere especially those under trees and three piles of old woods lying on an open area. The rubbish found were mostly plastics, which we all know are non-biodegradable. If this beach is not cleaned up regularly, plastics will keep on accumulating and eventually, damage the earth. I was mesmerized when I encountered lots of big shells, which I even collected some of them home. This trekking experience benefited me in a way that I tend to be more cautious about my surrounding. I rate this experience 7/10 because I have learnt so much about admiring the environment more than I would before I joined this course. The feeling of exploring an area, admiring the beauty of the environment and think about the dangers that the environment is facing make me to be more aware about what is happening around me.

1 comment:

BEAP-UBD-2006 said...

Good to read that you have learnt a lot from the trek.