Sunday, September 03, 2006

our 1st trip










On the 23rd august 2006, around 4 pm all of us met at the CLT room 1.11. Our lecturers who in-charge the Brunei Environment Appreciation (BEAP) course gave us some briefing about the course plus we had to sign an indemnity form as well as answering a few questionnaires in order to survey our knowledge about Brunei’s rainforest. Our first jungle trekking was at spg. 370, Kg. Sg. Tilong. We started our journey around 5 pm. We went there by using UBD buses. It took us for about 45 minutes to reach there but I think it might be less than that if we were not lost in the first place. We were divided into 4 groups and each group had their own leader and sweeper. I have joined the first group and we went inside the jungle for about 1 hour. We have been introduced to some plants such as wild orchid, ginger, a kind of palm tree and a plant which its leaves looks like “tongkat ali” leaves. We also have seen a death young snake. When we reached the top part of the hill we saw a mass destruction which was obviously for the development. But thank God there were still untouched area and hopefully it would be untouched forever. It was getting dark that we all rushed out of the bushes. We were given refreshment by the time we were out of the bushes. For me, our first exploration on that day was exciting and I can learn a lot of new things. I would loved to rate it 7/10. At about 7 pm we left that place and went back to UBD. It was so tiring but I enjoyed it and I know I’m going to have muscle pain the next day after the trip hehe…

1 comment:

BEAP-UBD-2006 said...

Hi I wonder what the black stuff is on the ground cleared from the jungle?